Postdoctoral Fellowship in Nanotechnology
Northwestern University, US
An opening is now available at Northwestern University for a postdoctoral fellowship in nanotechnology under the joint mentorship of Dr. Chad Mirkin and Dr. Amy Paller. The focus of this fellowship experience is the use of nanoparticles for delivery of oligonucleotides through skin. The laboratory uses novel polyvalent technology to deliver siRNA and antisense DNA through the epidermal barrier to reach epidermal and dermal targets.
Current projects target genetic alterations involved in melanoma, carcinoma, inflammatory skin disease, and diabetic wounds. The fellow would be immersed in the activities of the NIH-funded Northwestern Skin Disease Research Center and the International Institute for Nanotechnology. Applicants must have previous laboratory experience, such as a recent Ph.D. or equivalent degree in the biological sciences; physicians with a research background will also be considered. Candidates should be highly motivated and a good team players, have excellent communications skills and, ideally, desire a career in cutaneous biology research.
Applicants should submit a cover letter that explains their background and goals, a curriculum vitae, and at least 3 references to Dr. Amy Paller (apaller(at)northwestern.edu).
Amy S. Paller, M.D.
Walter J. Hamlin Professor and Chair
Department of Dermatology
Director, Skin Disease Research Center
Northwestern University Feinberg Medical School
676 N. St. Clair, Suite 1600
Chicago, IL 60611-2997
Phone: 312-695-3721 (assistant, Nilda Reyes)
Incoming search terms:
- postdoctoral fellowship in nanotechnology 2011
- Ph D Scholarships in Nanotechnology at McGill University
- nanotechnology postdoc
- dna nanotechnology postdoc opening -grant -indeed
- Postdoctoral Researcher, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA July 10th, 2011
- Faculty Positions in Biomedical Research, McGill University, Canada April 12th, 2011
- Postdoctoral Position in Cortical Neurophysiology, University of Oregon USA March 31st, 2011
- Postdoctoral Research Associate-Molecular Biology March 31st, 2011
- US – Postdoctoral Research Associate in Cancer Genomics March 29th, 2011